|NOBODY WILL BE ALLOWED TO DESTABILISE NIGERIA – PRESIDENT BUHARI VOWS|
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday in Abuja urged Nigerians to resist agents bent on causing breakdown of law and order in the country, assuring that no individual or group will be allowed to destabilise Nigeria. ‘‘We have the land, we have the resources, and we have the people. But I do not know why people will allow themselves to be successfully subverted to destabilise their own country,’’ the President said at an Iftar dinner with Governors, Ministers and Heads of Government Agencies.
President Buhari, who thanked the Governors and Ministers for honouring his invitation to break the Ramadan fast, expressed confidence that in spite of the current security challenges, the country will succeed. On the forthcoming general elections, the President affirmed that being beneficiary of free, fair and credible elections, the introduction of technology and the Permanent Voters Card (PVCs) will make it impossible for anyone to claim millions of votes again in the country.
Chairman, Nigeria Governors Forum and Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, commended President Buhari for demonstrating resilience and determination at a crucial period in Nigeria’s history.
‘‘We have a leader who is not distracted by momentary challenges but has continued to commit to the renewal of our nation and we, governors, ministers and heads of government agencies are equally dedicated to building a better Nigeria, on your watch,’’ he said.
Noting that this year’s Holy month of Ramadan coincided with the just concluded Christian Lenten period, the Governor of Ekiti said it holds enormous spiritual value on the benefits of renewal, sacrifice, almsgiving, forgiveness and healing for the individual as well as the nation.
Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity)
April 19, 2022
- ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU’S STATEMENT ON Nigeria’s 62nd Independence Anniversary
- INDEPENDENCE DAY ADDRESS BY MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA DELIVERED ON THE OCCASION OF NIGERIA’S 62ND INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION ON 1ST OCTOBER, 2022
- PRESIDENTS BUHARI AND XI JINPING FELICITATE ON NIGERIAN AND CHINESE NATIONAL DAYS
- HOW AFRICA’S FREE TRADE AREA CAN SUCCEED – PRESIDENT BUHARI
- RALLY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT LEKKI TOLL GATE
- NIGERIA POLICE FORCE MUST AVERT A BREAKDOWN OF LAW AND ORDER IN LAGOS STATE
- SIGNING OF PEACE ACCORD WITH PRESIDENT JONATHAN CONTRIBUTED TO PEACEFUL ELECTIONS IN 2015, SAYS PRESIDENT BUHARI