PRESIDENT BUHARI PAYS TRIBUTE TO PROF OBIOZOR, OHANEZE PRESIDENT GENERAL
President Muhammadu Buhari is deeply saddened by the passing of Professor George Obiozor, the President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, worldwide.
He extends heartfelt condolences to Obiozor’s family, the government and people of Imo State as well as Ndigbo, at home and in the Diaspora.
Describing his demise as an immeasurable loss to the country, the President notes that the former Ambassador of Nigeria to the United States, High Commissioner to the Republic of Cyprus, Ambassador to the State of Israel and former Director-General, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) exemplified leadership skills and values as a thoroughbred diplomat.
The President believes that the contributions of the unique leader and strong proponent of peace and a stable polity, who also held other strategic public positions, will never be forgotten.
President Buhari trusts that all who mourn the demise of the statesman, who commanded great respect among his peers in the academia and foreign policy arena, will honour his memory by actively embracing his beliefs and ideas geared towards uniting Nigeria beyond geo-political considerations.
The President has fond memories of meeting Prof. Obiozor on several occasions, and values his endearing sense of patriotism.
He joins the Igbo nation in mourning the irreparable loss of this great son of Nigeria, even as he prays for the peaceful repose of the soul of the deceased.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 29, 2022
- UNMASKING PDP’S ORCHESTRATED PLOT TO UNLEASH FAKE NEWS AND DISINFORMATION DAYS TO ELECTION
- Civil Society Organization Calls for Extension of Redesign Naira Notes Deadline
- LAGOS WILL NEVER CONDONE VIOLENCE
- OSUN TRIBUNAL: SANWO-OLU CONGRATULATES OYETOLA, HAILS JUDICIARY
- INEC EXTENDS COLLECTION OF PVC BY ONE WEEK
- NBA DEMANDS URGENT REVIEW OF CBN DEMONETIZATION POLICY
- National Policy Thrust And Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Presidency
- What’s Bola Tinubu’s tangible worth?